Sunday, September 14, 2008

By the way

Those of my Husker ilk insinuating that I "threw away my loyalty" to Nebraska when Bo was hired and Johnson wasn't, must be drinking too much of the Pelini Punch. I'm still a graduate of the University of Nebraska. I'm still a lifelong fan and always will be. I still watch and follow the games. I am though, less enamored than ever with this watered down Bill Callahan WCO because I didn't grow up watching it and watched 4 years of misery and ineptitude related to trying to run something that belongs in the NFL. I wanted all remenants of his tenure gone forever. But if because I also choose to follow a team with a coach I admire; and who runs an offense that reminds me of past days of Husker glory; and who I think would have been the best possible choice to turn Nebraska back into the feared program it once was-if that makes me a "traitor" then so be it. I don't dislike Bo-I dislike the process that led to him being named head coach. I dislike those that don't do any research and arm themselves with information. I dislike those that claim Paul Johnson wasn't interested in the NU job (he interviewed at SMU for god sake-he would have WALKED across the country to coach at Nebraska).

I hope both Nebraska and GT win all their games they ever play. There's no "see I told you so" that will come from me in two years when Johnson has his team in the BCS. But if the power brokers at Nebraska do in fact, because of their lack of research, turn us into Alabama (took them a very long time to get back), I'm sure I won't be quiet on the situation.

No comments: